We understand that applying for Apprenticeships and jobs can be a daunting task and, with the growing competition, your applications needing to be flawless to be considered. Apprenticeships are a great way of developing skills, whilst getting the hands on experience that employers are looking for.
That is why we have created a list of our top tips to gain a successful Apprenticeship. These tips will give you an insight in managing the combined responsibilities of studying and working.
- Consider Your Aspirations: Decide what kind of qualifications you are after? What interests you the most? Choose the programme most suited to you.
- Create a winning CV: Anything you can do to show you have gained valuable, transferable skills will highlight the experience you’ve gained to be a strong application.
- Be Prepared: Take the time to research who it is you are applying to and what they do and how they work. Using key words that will match the skills set required in the opportunity that you are applying for. For example if applying for a job within Finance, you would need to demonstrate brilliant attention to details and excellent knowledge on Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrate a winning mind-set: Building the career you want. Employers want to find someone who has passion, who is enthusiastic in learning and show a willingness to work.
- Earn and Learn: Be enthusiastic, eager to learn and prepared to put the work in, you will be valuable to any employer.
Feel like you are ready to become an apprentice? Join our ‘Zero to Degree’ Apprenticeship Programme. We can take you to equivalent degree level without going to University or incurring student fees! Apply now.